Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020: The Year of What?

The young couple from New York got into my car and I could tell immediately that they had a close relationship.  They were finishing each other's sentences and really communicating.  I got in a few words here and there, but I let them talk and enjoy each other's company.  I believe there was a kiss or two, but I wasn't watching.  It's difficult not to hear sometimes what passengers are saying since they are directly behind me.

The couple were talking about their goals for 2020. They were going to get in better shape.(they already looked in shape so they are off to a good start)  Everything they were saying was about 2020 which would be the year of this and that.

What will 2020 be like for all of us? The obvious answer will be that it will be dominated by the Presidential election in November which will leave tens of millions of people upset and expecting the end of the world.  The last few months of the year into January 20, 2021, will definitely be historic.

On a personal note, next year I will turn 60.  It sounds like a big number and I rarely feel like I'm that young.  I do plan on doing some special things, but for me I know what 2020 will be.  It's going to be the year of more fun. You may wonder sometimes if I have any fun, but my fun has always been a lot different than most people's fun.

What I'm going to do is start making a "Fun List."  This will be things that I'm going to do or things that I'm going to do more of during the year. Of course, I will be blogging about many of them throughout the year.  The first thing I am putting on my list is walking over a big bridge. Down in Charleston there is a beautiful bridge that I drive people back and forth on from Mt. Pleasant to Downtown Charleston.  There is a safe path for pedestrians and a lot of people walk, run, bike, and skate back and forth.

One morning I'm down there I'm going to park my car and go half way across and then come back to my car.  I've talked to many people who have done it and it's worth it.  I'll take some pictures too.  So, what are you planning to do in 2020? You don't have to tell anyone, but 2020, is the year of what?

No comments:

Post a Comment