Monday, January 20, 2020

Can You Catch Rice?

Let's face it-you never thought you'd see a title like this.  And, you're actually reading it too! Give me a couple moments and this might be fun.  I don't know if you can catch rice, but I can.  And, fortunately for you, I'm going to tell you how to do it.

Step 1: Have a container full of hot, white rice on the kitchen table.
Step 2: Be hungry, that's the real easy part.
Step 3: Sit down at the table.
Step 4: Have a hot rotisserie chicken sitting near by so you are distracted by the wonderful smell.
Step 5: Put a few heaping spoons full of hot rice on your plate.
Step 6: Get some chicken on that plate next to the rice.
Step 7: In your haste, fill your fork with way too much rice.
Step 8: Move your fork towards your open mouth.
Step 9: Keep your eyes on the chicken, you don't want anyone to grab that from you.
Step 10: Open your mouth to eat the hot rice.
Step 11: Try to get the fork close to your mouth while still watching the chicken.
Step 12: As the rice starts falling, make sure your legs are closed.
Step 13: Catch the rice with your ankles before they hit the floor.
Step 14: Ask for help
Step 15: Allow your wife to remove all the rice from your pants around your ankles.
Step 16: Thank your wife and be grateful you weren't wearing shorts.

Usually when I drop food at the dinner table every single bit of it will hit the floor.  This time though, I managed to have only one tiny piece of rice on the floor and all the rest I caught with my ankles.  You might think it's easier to catch rice with your hands or in your lap, but you'd be surprised how easy it is catching rice with your ankles.  I was surprised, but I did it.  If I did it, I'm sure you can too-good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment