Sunday, August 9, 2020

Eating My Way To 60

(Warning: if you are hungry, eat first and then read this) I'm only 10 days away from turning 60 and I have begun to eat around 60 of my favorite foods/drinks.  I'm going to do this over five weeks instead of one week since eating this much in seven days might prevent me from making 60.

These are the 13 I crossed off my list so far:

Haagen-Dazs Coffee Ice Cream: It is probably my second favorite food behind chicken and it is likely I will eat it one more time just for the fun of it.  If you like coffee and have never eaten coffee ice cream, you are missing out.  If you don't like coffee, try this anyway-it's the best.

Chocolate Milk-It is something I rarely have these days, but I am enjoying this as I did when I was a kid.  In school I always got chocolate milk.  A couple days this week after a hard day at work I had a stiff drink of chocolate milk and..... I loved it!

Bagel, Cream Cheese, and Lox: This is definitely in my top five foods of all time.  There's something about this combination that is incredible.  Years ago when we went on a cruise I had two bagels with cream cheese and lox nine out of ten mornings and I could barely get my shoes on from the salt, but it was worth it.

Double Stuff Oreos: One of my top 10 foods.  My daughter counted that I ate 10 the first night, but I thought it was only three.(ha ha) One more big night of eating this frozen treat with milk is fabulous.

Cut-Up Swiss Cheese- Nothing like a snack with cheese cut up.  I ate too much and I got blocked up in the bathroom from it, but I sure enjoyed eating it.

Liverwurst: It has to be one of the worst smelling foods with peanut butter an easy winner.  Liverwurst can come in a spread or in slices.  I had a liverwurst sandwich today for the first time in at least a couple years and I did enjoy it.

Shrimp: We had this with salmon and I loved it.  All-you-can-eat shrimp is still something I'd like to do in the next few weeks, we'll see.

Salmon: Just a great taste, my favorite fish food.  I still have the picture of our first dinner here when we visited The Claw House.  My salmon looked like a steak-I still think our realtor called them to serve me a big piece.  He suggested the restaurant and he was right.

Spaghetti and Meatballs: It's simple, but it is delicious to eat.  I ate a lot one night this week and I would have finished the leftovers, but my daughter beat me to it. Magnifique!!!

Pork Chops: I love eating around the bones and I could eat a half dozen pieces, it's a great meal.

Ice Cream sandwiches: Another healthy reward after eating dinner.  They are really cheap here and we did buy them a few weeks in a row at one point, but I've enjoyed eating them this week.

Mashed potatoes: Potatoes are good, a baked potatoe is very good, but mashed potatoes just add a lot of flavor to whatever else you're eating. Tonight it was-

A BIG CHICKEN: It's really called a roaster and it might be my favorite chicken food.  I love tearing it apart so I can eat the chicken off the bones.  The next day I'll throw some leftovers into a salad and enjoy the chicken again.  I ate it tonight and still have that taste in my mouth.  If I don't brush tonight I can taste it again tomorrow!

It's been a busy week and I had some good eatin'.








No comments:

Post a Comment