Sunday, August 30, 2020

Eating Past 60-Part 4

 This was the next to last week and I had some big foods to eat-there was some good eatin' this week.  With these 8'm at 46 items with only a few more I'm going to be able to get to.

1. There are favorite foods and then there is Chicken Parmesan, my number one favorite chicken and it has no chocolate in it.  My wife's chicken parm is really great and Saturday night with our son visiting, the four of us feasted on it.  Below is a picture of my first plate before I devoured it.





2. Burger King's Chicken sandwich- one of the original specialty sandwiches that came out in the late 70's when I started working there and met my wife.  The other sandwiches were fish, ham&cheese and steak! Since I always loved chicken, this one was the one I ate a lot and it still tastes great.

3. Snapple: It's not a food, but I used to drink this a lot and haven't had it in years.  I would drink regular iced tea, but I couldn't find it here.  I hit the jackpot the other day and realized that I didn't have enough change that I carried into the store.(they need change so you can only pay with exact change or a credit card)  When I came back the woman behind me paid for my Snapple.  She said it was her good deed of the day.  I got Snapple for free!  It was goooood!

4. Corned Beef & Pastrami sandwich was fun to eat again.  My wife made the sandwich with cole slaw and Russian Dressing and I really miss eating this, it was that good.

5. Spare Ribs:  I went to a Chinese Buffet and enjoyed some boneless ribs which I figure are the same thing.  If corn and corn on the cob are the same, so are boneless ribs and spare ribs.  They are both terrific, but messy to eat.

6. Fried Chicken: At the buffet I had wings that are close to fried chicken so I'm counting it.  I did eat a bunch of them and I loved it.

7. Barbecue Chicken: My wife made it and I could have eaten five or six pieces.  We don't have it as often as we used to, but it was delicious.

 8. Steak: I know that prime rib and steak are similar, but if corn and corn on the cob are different, I'm enjoying steak as a favorite food and I ate it tonight.

This will be a challenging week just to get a few more on my list.  Maybe I'll go back and eat some on the list I've already had!


No comments:

Post a Comment