Sunday, August 16, 2020

Eating to 60 (Part 2)

 It's only 72 hours away from the big 60 and I'm eating as much as I can.  This post is all about food, so if you're hungry, eat and then read unless you're over 90 and don't have much of an appetite.  Another 10 items are now off the list and these are the ones that bit the dust this week:

1. CHICKEN CUTLETS: There's a lot you can do with chicken cutlets.  We had chicken picada which was very good, but unfortunatley THERE WERE LEFTOVER PIECES!  For two straight days I put a thick piece in between bread and put some thousand island dressing on it and it was incredible.  If there's another piece leftover Monday night I will have another lunch that is terrific on Tuesday. And next week those chicken cutlets will turn into Chicken Parmesean and I cannot wait.

2. McDonald's French Fries: There's a lot you can do with potatoes, but if you're going to eat french fries, why not eat the best? I believe their recipe is a secret, however hot fries from "The Golden Arches" are worth it.  There's only been a couple times when they've had a special deal have I stopped on the road just for fries, but I did this week.  Should I get a small, large, or a basket of fries? When I think of a basket I'm thinking a picnic basket, but it wasn't that many.  The basket was in a regular bag and I did enjoy them.

3. Mashed Potatoes: There's nothing quite like a huge container of mashed potatoes along with a good meal.  They need to be too hot so you can burn your mouth just a little. They are fun to eat since they can get all over the place easily.

4. Chocolate Pudding: I had this for the first time in years last month and I forgot how good it is.  Fortunately, I just started the container and I will be eating more this week.  You can wear a chocolate mustache with this too.

5.TastyKake Jr.: I had to work for this one.  It's a square or maybe a rectangle of pound cake with chocolate icing on it.  I used to eat them regularly a long time ago, but they are not as popular down here in the south.  Wal-Mart had a display of TastyKake products, but not the one I was looking for.  I saw someone delivering them and found out that the supermarket Food Lion has what I need.  I found one quickly and loved it.  My only problem is now when I see a Food Lion store I only see a big TastyKake JR. in front of the store. How am I going to stay away from them?

6. English Muffin: A few years ago I stopped eating them to cut back on bread and I may have had  one or two over that time.  The Cinnamon Raisin ones are my favorite and I wolfed two down one morning this week with butter and left a mess on the counter-mmmmm.

7. Grapefruit: This is a healthy dessert and I just started eating these again recently.  You can make a mess with it, but it does taste  very good although it's not chocolate.

8. Frosted Flakes: It's not my favorite cereal, but every once in a while I do get it.  If you want to know what it taste like, picture a bag of sugar being poured into a cereal bowl and then throw some corn flakes in. I have no idea what it does to your teeth, but I think the bowl starts decaying when the sugar goes in.  Pour some milk on and it will wake you up like a pot of coffee!

9. Corn on the Cob: It's a summer food and it's not chocolate, but it's great with a lot of foods and it's filling.  Give me a couple of them a few nights a week and my teeth will look awful.

10. McDonald's Egg McMuffin: I used to love getting these on the road when they had two for $3.  Even the knock-offs at Quick Chek and other convenience stores were pretty good, but McDonald's still has the best.

Got to go-things to eat.




No comments:

Post a Comment