Thursday, August 6, 2020

How Many Ways Can You Eat An Oreo?

I'm sitting here with a freshly bought and frozen bag of Double Stuff Oreos.  I've eaten a few and washed it down with milk and it is incredible.  Some people never know how good frozen oreos are.  If you've never tried it, you're got to try it.

Some people just buy a bag and put them on the counter and eat them "unfrozen."  They just don't know any better.  A very popular way of eating them is opening the two sides up and licking the icing off, which I've never done.  I don't know what you do with two "naked" cookies without icing though.  A lot of people will dip the cookie into their milk and I tried that tonight for the first time.  I may not have done it right, but it didn't taste as good as frozen oreos.

My daughter told me that her old roommate use to just eat the half with the icing and then would leave the half cookie in the container and then THROW THEM OUT! There should be a law against doing that, maybe there is?  However you eat Oreos there is one given-you can't eat just one.  I don't know how many I just ate, but each one was magnicent and I've got that wonderful taste in my mouth until I brush my teeth.

How many ways can you eat an Oreo? That is not the question-how is it they are so good?  The first Oreo was sold in 1912 in Hoboken, NJ.  That makes the Oreo 108 years old!  It was called an "Oreo Biscuit" and then changed to "Oreo Sandwich."  In 1974 the name was changed to "Oreo Creme Sandwich" and in 1974 it was changed to "Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookie."

Very simply, it is called an "Oreo," and it is really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment