Sunday, August 2, 2020

My 60th Birthday Celebration Has Begun

It's already a running joke in our house.  I've never cared much for my birthday, at least since I was a kid.  I can think of a couple birthdays that were definitely overshadowed by other events.  My 13th birthday was five weeks before my Bar-Mitzvah and the Bar-Mitzvah was a much bigger deal for sure.  My 23rd birthday was nine days before my wedding and of course the wedding was much, much more important.

However, my 60th birthday is August 19th and since I came up with the brilliant idea to have more fun this year(the virus is not helping), I am going to have a lot of fun with this.  My original plan was to go to a bunch of all-you-can eat places and stuff my face in one week.  The virus makes that a little difficult although they are open.

So, I have identified around sixty favorite foods that I like a lot now or have in the past.(I counted cholcolate milk and Snapple iced tea although they are drinks)  Beginning yesterday, I am starting to check off these foods and I'm hoping to "blow up" about twenty pounds with this list over the next five weeks ending up on Labor Day.

And lucky for you, after each week I'll give you a rundown of what I've checked off my list and some stories on why I like this particular food.  I'm even considering having my first "real" alcoholic drink other than beer during these five weeks! I have no idea what that will be, but I'll problaby hate it and never have it again.

One challenge will be finding a box of Thin Mints that the Girl Scouts sell each year.  I don't think anyone is selling them now, but I'll see what I can do for that. This will be fun-at least for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment