Sunday, December 19, 2021

"Angels Go To Heaven and Devils Go To Hell" (not religious)

 I know you're disappointed. What could be more perfect than a religious blog the week of Christmas? Sorry, you'll have to look elsewhere. I attempt to be funny and comment on unusual things that I experience or learn here in the South.  This comment though is not a "southern thing," but it may be helpful to someone in the future.

My wife knows an incredible amount of stuff that I have never heard of.  Frequently, it sounds like she made it up, but she hasn't. I've been hobbling around this weekend with a bad knee and I told her taking the step into the porch is even a little difficult.  Her response was, "Angels Go To Heaven and Devils Go To Hell." 

I had to ask her two different times to explain this, but she learned this in physical therapy. If you're stepping down you use the bad foot first, but if you're stepping up you use the good foot first.  Bad foot (down towards hell) and good foot (up towards heaven). You probably understood that immediately, but it took me a little longer to get it. 

I've tried it out a few times and I think it's a little better, but now I have another problem.  Every time I go to step down into my porch, I think of hell. What do I do now?



No comments:

Post a Comment