Monday, December 6, 2021

Odin's Second Vacation: What I Learned (Part 2)

 LEAVES ARE LIKE PEOPLE TOO

Odin always runs towards people, but you should have seen him go after the leaves. Walking out of the hotel one morning, we walked over to the grass area and he got excited.  The wind was blowing a lot of leaves all over and Odin started chasing them every possible direction. Of course, I was chasing them too, as he dragged me around. At least people don't run away from him as the leaves do.

DOG POOP SMELLS BAD ALL THE TIME

There's just no good time to do it, but the worst time has to be early in the morning.  I haven't eaten anything, no orange juice, and I'm getting my first breath of fresh air. It's not fresh for long. Fortunately, I don't do this very often early in the morning.  I think I have to start taking a deep breath first until I've put the bag away.

YOU DON'T NEED A BELT ON THANKSGIVING WEEK

There was one thing I forgot to bring on the trip, but fortunately, I ate enough that it wasn't necessary. I also had a nice pair of sweatpants which came in handy. Below is some of the Turkey I ate.


TWO ROOMS ARE BETTER THAN ONE

When we arrived at our hotel my wife didn't like the room for a few reasons. We got another room which was much better and it was right next door. While I was moving everything into the second room, my wife realized that there wasn't enough toilet paper or tissues in the second room and we still had access to the first room.  Maybe starting with two rooms at the beginning is the way to go?

DRIVING NEAR WASHINGTON DC

Do they intentionally set-up accidents in the area just to slow down some of the cars? There are always accidents or slowdowns around 50 miles in either direction of Washington and we had them both ways on this trip. Is there a more dangerous stretch of road in the country? 

"THE TRAFFIC IS GETTING WORSE"

I've been following a GPS or Google map directions for a very long time and most of the time they are very good. On a long trip on Rt. 95 the directions will adjust when some of those accidents happen and they give you a choice of what direction to take.  On the way to Pennsylvania, after many slowdowns, suddenly the voice said, "the traffic is getting worse."  I have never heard those words before.  Ironically, that is when the traffic finally cleared up.  I wonder if I'll ever hear that again.










No comments:

Post a Comment