Tuesday, December 7, 2021

"Not A Sanitary Experience"

I have to give credit to my oldest daughter who came up with this title over the holidays. I'd give her full credit by saying her name, but she says that I shouldn't use anyone's real name on my blog, so her name is not Karen.

If you haven't had enough of turkey, I have one final post about eating at Thanksgiving.  I don't think I can ever have too much turkey and I did have more than my fair share. Some people like white meat and some people like dark meat or they like to make turkey sandwiches with the leftovers or even turkey salad.  

Of course I'm a little different and I love to eat the carcass after I've finished all the bones.  If you haven't tried this, you don't know what you're missing: First the bones: in the below picture the plate to the left is a little deceiving. You can't see the second large drumstick, but I assure you it was just as good as the first drumstick.



The carcass is usually the day after meal.  When you look at this next picture you can not tell how much meat is still on that carcass, but it was a full meal.  First, I had to pull it apart into about 4 pieces.  This is when it is "not a sanitary experience." (but, it's a delicious one)  There was some turkey flying and I'm not sure if I got it all.  Fortunately, there were three dogs in the house, so you know it was cleaned up.

Finally, the gnawing begins. It goes on and on and on. My goal is to get every last piece, because every bite is a good one.  I absolutely loved eating this and the big dog in the house was watching me for a few minutes and I know he was jealous.

So next year at Thanksgiving, be different and eat a carcass. (I did not eat the actual bones)



No comments:

Post a Comment