Monday, December 27, 2021

Odin's First Christmas

 

When you have kids you notice right away that they not only look like you, but they have certain characteristics that you or your spouse have.  When our first child was born my first comment I believe was, "she has your nose." Over the years and still today we can look at our kids and see ourselves in how they act, what they do, and of course in how they look.

It's harder to explain how a dog can pick up characteristics from their owner.  Below is a picture of Odin sitting and waiting for food next to my wife's chair at the dinner table.  He looks a lot like me in the next picture when I am doing the same thing waiting to be fed.




Christmas was pretty quiet for us.  My wife made a big roast and I got the one drumstick.  The drumstick was being eyed-by my wife that is and I had to cut off a piece for her. What surprised me even more on Christmas was when Odin came to me and told me that he wrote some "songs." I've been writing songs since college and obviously his attempt to write is not as good as mine.  He actually wrote two verses from two different songs.  It's not bad, but I had to explain to him that he has to actually write one whole song and that one verse is not a song.  Who knows, maybe he'll be writing songs about being a dog on a regular basis?

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"

He sees you when you're eating, 

He knows when you get more,

He's circling around your chair,

And he's licking up the floor.


"Here Comes Santa Claus"

Here comes Odin, Here come Odin,

Right down Accord Lane.

He's looking for people, looking for dogs,

To him it's just the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment