Monday, February 6, 2023

Comedy With Jim Gaffigan

 


Pictured above is the back of  the Charleston Coliseum and it looks like it is a very nice orange color, but it is not. The sun was shining on the building which is closer to a light pink. Last week my wife and I went to see the comedian Jim Gaffigan and we had a very good time. I have passed the coliseum hundreds of times over the past four years, but I've never seen the entire building because it's covered by trees from the road. It looks better as orange, but inside it looks like this:


We were in the parking lot early and got a great spot so we could get out quickly.  We were one of the first people in line and this picture was taken when we arrived.  When we walked in there was a big sign saying that we should text Jim and he would reply. My wife texted and attached the blog where I had Jim inviting my wife to the show.  During the show I kept asking her, did you hear from Jim? I stopped doing it after a couple days which I think she was happy about.  The message she sent did not go through, only the link to my blog.  The day after the show she tried again, but I think it's safe to say a week later, he's not texting back.

The show was only an hour and a half, with the warm up comedian doing the first half hour.  He was very good and had us laughing with his second joke which went something like this: 

"If I had a super power it would be to align my political beliefs with my Uber driver." 

He then said that you will be fine if you just learn to say three things, "I agree," "That's crazy," and "What is this world coming to." It's probably very rare for an Uber driver to talk politics, but the joke was very well done.

Jim Gaffigan started off with jokes about the pandemic, plane crashes, and diarrhea.  This was not your typical beginning to a show, but he pulled it off probably due to it's uniqueness.  He talked about his experiences with his five kids and that was very funny.  We enjoyed our whole day on our date, the barbecue, visiting a used bookstore and the comedy show. Here's a selfie we took in the coliseum.



No comments:

Post a Comment