Monday, February 20, 2023

Solving One Problem You Have Walking a Dog

You didn't know that there's a problem when you walk a dog? Well, not only are you going to learn what one of the problems are, I'm going to give you a solution and throw in a little bonus. Here's the bonus: how many dogs are there in the world? I didn't know, so I checked with Mr. Google and he said there are approximately 900 million dogs in the world. I kid you not. Sometimes, I think that half of them are in my neighborhood.

I'm still new at this dog thing, it's been only two years since I got my first dog. (I mean that as it's the first one I got and not that it's one of many dogs I will have in my life) One of the problems I have walking a dog, after getting the dog ready for a walk, putting his snazzy vest on and actually getting him out of the house-is the big moment when he decides to poop on a neighbor's lawn.

I'm not comfortable with him doing it, but it's after I actually pick the poop up, once I figure out how to open the bag and scoop it all up and then attach it to the leash, then I really have a problem.  Why do I want to walk around the neighborhood with the smell of poop? Don't tell me you've never noticed, you're lying. It is awful, just awful.

When I'm with my wife, she takes care of it and then I have to figure out where to walk.  I can't walk behind her, because the stench can knock you out. Right next to her? It doesn't work well walking close to poop, trust me on this. I have to walk on the other side of the dog and the leash and then switch sides when he does. I'm good if I walk in front, unless the wind is blowing from behind us.

Taking our dog for a walk today, I did come up with a solution when it's just the two of us.  The dog is on my right, the leash and the poop are on the right and if I hold the leash with my left hand behind my back, the poop is directly behind me and I can't smell the poop!  I did this for a couple blocks and I did have a slight strain on my hand, but it's better than smelling poop.

Here's a picture of the leash and our dog.  To take this picture I had to get the phone ready with my right hand and then hold the phone with my left hand and take the picture with one finger on my right hand, which was still holding the leash and the poop. Our dog, Odin, may be looking for a bird.


This has created another problem.  In doing this important research, I discovered that it is recommended to take dogs three to four times a day for walks of 15 minutes.  Are you "pooping" me? Sometimes we go twice in a day, but three to four times a day? I don't think the strain in my arm can survive that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment