Friday, February 3, 2023

The Best Barbecue in Charleston

For the past four years, I have been driving in Charleston, South Carolina and I have been telling riders all about the barbecue places.  There is a lot of them and some of them are very close to each other.  My wife and I ate at Jim & 'Nick's Bar-B-Que many times in Mt. Pleasant before the pandemic and before we drove home after driving for the day.  Two years ago, we ate at the one in North Charleston, but since we couldn't get into the restaurant, we ate out out of the trunk or our car and celebrated the birthdays of my wife and daughter.


Downtown Charleston has at least six barbecue places and it may be as many as ten.  The one that is most talked about is Lewis Barbecue which is known for it's out of  the world brisket.  One of my riders lives nearby and he told me, "There's nothing like waking up in the morning and smelling barbecue." Above is a picture of their brisket and some ribs on the top right.


My wife and I arrived around 2 pm and it was at the end of the lunch crowd. We ate inside, but above is what their outside area looks like. The brisket was amazing and the ribs were very good too. We took our time and finished everything except a little of the macaroni and cheese, which was also very good. These days almost everything is expensive, but the quality of the food was exceptional.  I was amused while I was sitting there and eating to see the below sign.  When I think of a "meat cutter," I think of a butcher, not a restaurant.


I've been raving about this place for four years and now that I've eaten there, I can rave about it more.  I may even show that brisket and ribs picture. Am I really going to eat soup now for lunch?


No comments:

Post a Comment