Wednesday, October 25, 2023

A Positive Message Makes A Difference

Over the last ten days, I have learned about the power of social media and the power of a positive message. To introduce my book and promote it I went on several of the local Facebook groups, two in Charleston, and a couple personal ones for my wife, myself and my high school page.

I expected to get a few hundred reactions, some positive comments and some people who were interested in buying the book.  What have I received over these ten days is an estimated 8,000 plus reactions and comments and I have no clue how many people said that they just bought the book or were ordering now. It has been overwhelming, humbling and pretty exciting to experience this reaction.  

With the exception of maybe a couple dozen people who are friends, acquaintances, people I've driven, or people I went to school with, to almost all of these people I am a stranger.  How did this happen?

1. The idea of an Uber driver writing a positive book about his passengers is very unique or "cool" or "awesome" as many of them have said.

2. The title, "Driving On The Sunny Side With 10,000 Strangers", is a terrific title and half the credit goes to my youngest daughter who I'll call Melian, since I'm not "supposed" to use real names.

3. The front cover was beautifully done by Palmetto Publishers in North Charleston and it will get anyone's attention who sees it.

4. I wrote in my post that the book was dedicated to my passengers and that is a very unique and positive message.

5. Over the past five years I have frequently had passengers who loved the ride because of my positivity and the museum in my car.  Towards the end of my book, I purposely printed the generous comments and enthusiasm that my passengers have had.  The reaction online has been very, very similar.


I went through the hundreds of comments that were made online and I'm going to give those people credit for their comment. I already thanked them online, but I'm going to go back to their comment and attach this blog for them to see.  A positive message from me or you or anyone can make a world of difference and make people feel special.  Not in any order, here are my favorite comments from online these past ten days:

GLENDA

"I'm proud of you and I don't even know you."

NANCY

"Love your book idea. Congrats. A fun and entertaining read is very welcome in this day and age. Thanks for helping us keep our sunny side up."

DENISE

"I LOVE True Stories"

PEGGY

"What a beautiful way to share your love of strangers who become friends."

LISA

"Just ordered. Need some "hope and levity" with all that is going on in the world."

MARILYN

"Jeff Hoenig hypodermic attitude."

CARRIE

"May book a ride to nowhere for nostalgia"

KENDALL

"I just know this would be the best ride of my life."

SARAH

"Congratulations on enjoying a passionate career of giving people your very best each day."

MICHALENE

"Awesome. Congrats. Love this post and your great energy. I'm looking forward to grabbing myself a copy and sharing your post for others. Just what my soul needed today."

LAVONNE

"Wow! Have fun continuing your incredible journeys. It's interesting to note that "people" tend to get along with no conflict, but the more we are told there are problems between "groups" of people, the more conflict we have."


And last but not least, one rider's who enthusiasm and sincerity has to be included:

JESSICA

"This is a full circle moment for me.  I rode with you in July in Charleston. I was having  such an awful morning and you turned my entire day around!  After telling me your best comments for 2022, I got out of the car absolutely cackling! I am currently digging in my glove box to find the print out you gave me with the quotes because I kept it. This is so cool. Thank you for all you do."


No comments:

Post a Comment