Wednesday, October 4, 2023

The Cat in the House

In 1957, cartoonist Theodr Seuss Geisel, published one of his first books and this book made him a household name- "The Cat in the Hat." Dr. Seuss wound up publishing sixty books, the best selling one was, "Green Eggs and Ham." The moral of the "Cat in the Hat" book is that you have to be careful who you let into your home. If you let "The Cat in the Hat" into your home, you're going to have a mess to deal with.


But, what if it's the cat that's in the house and you're just visiting the house? My wife and I were visiting our daughter and son-in-law in New Jersey and they have a new cat. I would mention her name, but my daughter says I shouldn't use real names in my blog.  I'll call her Lady Arwen and this is one of the best pictures I've seen over the last week of her.



I was told before visiting that she roams around the house in the middle of the night, very much like myself.  She also eats around 4 am, which is also about the time I eat when I'm ubering that day. I decided to stay in my room and let her have the house in the middle of the night. My daughter told me that her cat chases around the robot vacuum cleaner in the middle of the night and I would have loved to see that or at least get a picture. 

Below is a picture of Lady Arwen's "scratchy thing?" I think she scratches on this to relieve stress from her daily life or to make sure her claws are very sharp.


In the end everything went well with Lady Arwen and myself.  We had a couple stare downs and I won them both.  Below is a picture of her inside playground and I'm pretty sure that "The Cat in the Hat" would say, "I really like that."




No comments:

Post a Comment