Saturday, October 21, 2023

I Tried To Get A Yearly Physical and I Was Turned Down!

 

I promised my wife that I would get a physical in the fall and I made my appointment.  I only take cholesterol medication and other than some occasional knee or back pain, and being overweight, I'm doing pretty well. I have great vision too! I got my blood work done and my sugar was higher than before which I knew would not go well with the doctor.

When he came in he told me that we could do the physical or we can discuss the blood work, but the insurance company would not let us do both.  Apparently, if we did both, I would get billed for one instead of the insurance company paying for both of them.

We both decided to talk about my numbers and the conclusion was that I am now a diabetic with a second medicine to take.  He explained that my pancreas has semi-retired and is no longer making insulin as it was, so I need the medication.  He also said I was, "In good spirits," a phrase my wife can't stand. With the week I was having, how could I not be, "In good spirits." 

The medicine I think is called, "Metaphor", or something like that.  So far I have no side effects and it should help me lose 5-6 pounds this year.  I've already lost 8-10 pounds in the last two month. I have another appointment for a yearly physical in December and my sugar numbers need to be checked every three months.  

On the sunny side, I was out of there in thirty minutes. The physical would have taken longer.  I told the doctor about my trip to the optometrist and told him that I was going to blog about this visit.  I don't think he would like the title.  

No comments:

Post a Comment