Thursday, October 19, 2023

All Over Facebook, On YouTube Again, Three Television Interviews and Recognized in Iowa



Almost sixty years ago in 1964, the legendary comedian and host of "The Tonight Show," Johnny Carson, created a bit called, "Carnac the Magnificent." He performed it on the show for the next twenty-eight years.  Below is a picture of him during his bit.


He would hold a sealed envelope to his very large magician's hat and he would give an answer to a question that is written on a card inside the envelope. So, paying homage to the legend, the answer to the question is "all over Facebook, on You Tube again, three television interviews and recognized in Iowa." The answer is: "This week in the life of Jeff Hoenig."

I will make this as short as possible, but it has been an unbelievable week.  Let me count the ways:

1. I posted a picture of me holding my first book which I already blogged about, on several local Facebook sites around Myrtle Beach.  I got some great responses and a number of  people who were going to buy the book. One Facebook site five days later has had over 4,200 responses/comments and they have shared my post with others 200 times. All together, I answered over 200 comments that people made and for the largest site I am now listed as a "Top Contributor."

2. Tuesday night I appeared on the YouTube show, "Show Me The Money" that I have been on before for rideshare drivers.  I talked about the book and had a great time with Sergio and Chris below.


3. There are three Myrtle Beach television stations and all three interviewed me on consecutive days.  The first one, WMBF, came to my house and spent an hour and a half filming and interviewing. Below is the picture of the drone they used while I drove around the neighborhood with the anchorwoman. I got a picture of the drone as it was descending from the sky.  Look at the upper left corner of my Uber sticker and you can see the black drone.  The cameraman is of course on the left.  One of our neighbors wanted to know what the drone was for.



4.  My wife was driving someone from Iowa who visits here regularly and told her that I wrote a book.  The woman's daughter had sent her the Facebook post and they figured it was me. I am now known in Iowa, but I'm not as popular as "The Field of Dreams."

5. One of my friends who is an Uber driver bought a book from he.  He decided to strap in onto his console. A woman he drove to the airport on her way to Portugal asked to buy it and for him to get it for her when she returns from Portugal.  My friend is now going to make some money on my book!


6. I have my first speaking engagement at a retirement home on November 1. I'm going to have about 45 minutes to entertain 15-30 people with my stories.  I think I'm going to bring my mannequin Lily into the place to entertain the group and give them a tour of my car at the end.

7. I am seriously considering teaming up with an organization to have my car at an event and have people donate maybe $5 to the charity to get in my car and see my museum and for me to entertain them for fifteen minutes.  There are a lot of people who want to drive with me and want me to sign my book for them, this might be a way where everyone wins.

Trust me, all this is true and I've been laughing while I wrote every sentence-what a week it's been!


No comments:

Post a Comment