Tuesday, October 17, 2023

AFTER 69 MONTHS, IT FINALLY HAPPENED


We own a television set. The last time we owned a television it was December 2017, really.  Before moving to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, we gave our television set to our son. It made sense because we were going 650 miles and there was a reasonable chance that the television would not make the trip safely. We decided we would get one when we were ready.

We thought about it and we talked about it and we decided many, many times that we didn't miss it and we weren't ready.  From time to time we would go to a hotel out of town and we would flip through the channels and find nothing interesting.  So we waited and waited and waited.

The reactions that people had when we told them that we didn't have a TV were hilarious.  Several people said, "What do you do?" I missed it on election day 2020, but we were fine. Three comments I received from passengers are worth repeating, because they were so good.

1. When I told the woman that we hadn't had a television in years, her eyes got big and simply said, "I would die."

2. He was telling me about IPTV and the hundreds of TV channels we can get and the things I had to buy for IPTV TV. I said, "Before I get that my wife and I have to get something important-we never got a TV here." Shocked, he said, "A TV is like having a fork in your house."

3. Earlier this year, I told another guy that my wife and I decided again not to get a TV. He replied, "It's un-American, even people in third world countries have TV's."

The above picture is an LG 55 inch set.  We haven't turned it on yet, but it's here. That leads me to a couple questions: if you don't turn it on, is it still considered a TV? Also, we're not going to have regular TV stations, is that still considered a TV or more like a movie center?

Either way, it's here, it's ours and I'm sure you're all relieved we finally own a television set. Below is a picture of my face and my wife's face and the TV in the middle.








No comments:

Post a Comment