Sunday, December 10, 2023

COSTCO IS SHORT ON ROTISSERIE CHICKENS!

I had to interrupt my endless vacation blogs with this shocking news: rotisserie chickens are missing at Costco! You have got to be kidding! If anyone is watching the news out there, I hope they are reporting on this.  How could Costco be short on chicken?

In 2022, they sold 117 million rotisserie chickens! Do you know how many that is a day? They sell over 320,000 a day, how could they be short? Where did it start? It started in Denver, Colorado and I was just in Colorado. I only ate one and I'm not sure if it was from Costco. The story I read listed New Jersey and Myrtle Beach as places that have shortages in their warehouses, but it's not a problem in all states.

What are people eating if there are no Costco rotisserie chickens for $4.99? I guess other people have rotisserie chicken that costs more, but it is chicken. There's still KFC, Bojangles, Zaxby's, and of course your local supermarkets.  In 2018, there were 900 million rotisserie chickens sold in this country, it's even more today.

Pictured below are some rotisserie chickens, I would gladly eat any one of them....now. Let's hope this shortage doesn't go into 2024.  What is the world coming to if there aren't enough rotisserie chickens?





No comments:

Post a Comment