Monday, December 4, 2023

Odin and I Enjoy The Snow in Colorado

Last summer, we were invited by two of our kids to spend Thanksgiving in Colorado.  After saying yes I immediately thought, "I just want a couple inches of snow." I love watching the snow fall and I hadn't shoveled snow in over six years when we were in New Jersey.  I brought a shovel to South Carolina, but who knows how long I'll have to wait until I use it.

When we arrived a few weeks ago in Colorado, I was constantly checking the forecast-and there it was! A possibility of snow on Black Friday and the temperature was going to be low enough.  I was excited to see it happen so I could shovel, but I also knew that our almost three-year old dog, Odin, had never seen snow. We knew he was going to enjoy it almost as much as I would. Here's how the forecast looked looked on that day:


Odin had a ball in the snow, he thought it was food.  I don't know how much he ate, but all the time he was outside he had a white beard.  This picture shows how much snow he had on him every time he went outside to play.  He ate for days.



We only got a couple inches, once in the morning and once a little later.  This is how it looked as I watched the snow fall.  It's very difficult to take a picture of snow, but you can see it here.  It was a very easy shoveling job, but still a lot of fun.



The above picture shows snow on our car which is right in front.  It is not as much fun brushing snow off the car, because you have to push it on to the driveway that you're shoveling.  Last winter or the winter before, we had snow flurries in Myrtle Beach, maybe this is the winter we get a couple of inches here? I'll be ready with my shovel.







No comments:

Post a Comment