Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Too Much Meat?


When you take a long road trip with your spouse there are always a bunch of things to talk about.  One subject we discussed on our 27 hours of driving over three days from Myrtle Beach to Colorado, was our diet.  On the nine hour trip from Tennessee to Kansas City, my wife said that we eat, "Too much meat." She's probably right as she is usually, but it was funny hearing this since we were driving again to Joe's Barbecue. 

I think it's the only place we've eaten on the four stops in Kansas City the past 18 months and we were looking forward to this visit.  We had a light brunch and we figured we would eat well at Joe's.  When we arrived around 4 pm., I was hungry and I ordered more than I expected to get.  This slab of ribs was for 2-4 people and I ordered it for myself since I didn't eat a lot that day.

I could have finished the ribs, but the last three were the biggest ones in the middle and I figured it would make for a great breakfast the next day.  It was about 9:30 am and I had something to eat around 4 am, so it was close to lunch time for me.  We pulled into a McDonald's in Illinois and there wasn't really a place to go to eat it.  I knew the McRib had returned, but this was real ribs.


I was going to stand under the McDonald's sign and eat them, but instead settled for eating out of my trunk.  This was not the first time I've eaten ribs out of my trunk, but they were incredible.  I enjoyed every bite and it was messy.  

That would have been a great ending, however, you should know this: on the way home we stopped to eat in Kansas City and we did not go to Joe's Barbecue.  I knew I had enough ribs for the trip and somehow I didn't gain any weight.  They were good ribs, but I probably won't order as many next time.










No comments:

Post a Comment