Tuesday, December 19, 2023

What I Learned On My Colorado Vacation

 Here it is, my final vacation blog, I thought I posted it earlier.


1. Turkey brine is a different kind of turkey. My future son-in-law is an excellent cook. I learned that if you "brine" a turkey it will be moist and juicy. This means soaking it in salt water overnight and you can add extra flavors also.  It was a very good turkey as you can see above and I would eat it now.


2. Onesies are not just for babies. This is our dog modeling a onesie. I'm pretty sure I have never seen a dog in a onesie, but it kept him warm and he looked comfortable in it too.

3. Don't get too close to a big dog. By the look on his face you can tell this a gentle dog, however, if you get too close he's going to use that big tongue on your face and there's no way I'm going to let that happen to me.

4 I'm not a biscuit guy.  When I think of a biscuit, I think of something they bring out instead of bread and you put some butter on it.  I've never been a fan, but we went out to eat and I figured I would get a biscuit sandwich.  The chicken on it was very good and I had ham and swiss and bacon also on it.  The sandwich was good, but the biscuit was just okay.  I would have enjoyed a roll more, but I ate it.

5. Chicken toilet rocks? I heard there were rocks in Michigan that looked like toilets, but I couldn't find any online. I did find an article about toilets that rock, but it's just not the same thing. However, let's just say that they have some unusual rocks in Michigan.



6. Wind turbines cost $1 million each and Texas has more than any state. For some reason the pictures of turbines did not show here when I typed them, but when I check the preview of the post, it comes out fine.  Use your imagination if you can't see the turbines. (They are large, usually white and they go round and round just like the wheels on a bus)

7. McDonalds removed Apple Fritters and Cinnamon buns from their menu due to low sales last July.  Still, my wife checked at every store we went to. Below is one final apple fritter for her.

                                               a wrapping paper patter with koi fish print, | Stable Diffusion | OpenArt

8. I never heard of Koi Fish, but my wife educated me that they are very popular and they look something like this.


9.  I learned how to set-up a contact on my phone-seriously, I know how ridiculous that sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment