Sunday, December 17, 2023

THINGS YOU USUALLY DON'T SEE, I SAW ON VACATION

 Here is my list, some with pictures and some you have to use your imagination:


1. When you walk up to the urinal in the men's room at a rest stop on a highway, I'm guessing you've never seen this. Sure enough, in the lobby was the guest book and I signed it.  They wanted to know how long I was going to be in the state and I think I wrote, "30 minutes."


2. This was at a high school in Colorado. It's a combination of steps and a wheelchair/walkway path that circles around the steps.  You can use either one, but I've never seen them combined like this.


3. If you live in Colorado or a state with a lot of mountains, this might be normal. This is a tremendously large field/park that you can walk around, but the cool thing is the snow covered mountains in the background.  It was a beautiful site in person, it looks like a postcard.

4. This was in a hotel bathroom in our room.  I had to continue reading this many times to figure it out. I was thinking of a Seinfeld bit: I'm hanging my towel up to save water? But the water is already on the towel and it's going to dry. I had to get advisement for my wife to understand that they want us to use our towel a second day so they can save water on cleaning towels. How many towels do they need hanging to save money? Couldn't there be a different way of saying this?


5. You like to have a good view when you look out your hotel room, but I'm betting you've never seen this. You are looking not at one baseball field or two or three, but there are six baseball parks here. If you doubt it, look at how many of those big lights there are and how far back they go.


6. My daughter told me about this, but here she is modeling her treadmill while she works.  She insisted I post this picture and I am clearly lying about that.  I am amazed that some people will spend a couple hours a day exercising as they work.

7. Driving on a highway I saw a car for a driving school and it said, "Driving school trained by police officers only." I wonder if they train you while they are in uniform? Probably not, but unusual for sure.

8.Sitting in the backseat of a car I looked to my right and saw a young guy on a skateboard. He was dressed up, had a backpack on and in front of him on the skateboard was a suitcase.  I tried to get my phone out and snap a picture, but he was going too fast. Where was he going?

9.The sign on the highway said, "Spread Good Cheer, Not Covid."

10. Another sign said, "Drive As If Your Grandmother Is With You."


No comments:

Post a Comment