Tuesday, December 12, 2023

What Time Is It Really?

It all started this past month with The Beatles.  They put out a song that was written in 1977 and then it was worked on in 1995 and released in 2023.  That can be confusing enough, but going through daylight savings time and then driving out to Colorado and experiencing time changing on four different days? It was amusing and confusing and I'm not rhyming either.


On Sunday, November 5th, about a month ago, the clocks changed. My wife and I experience this very differently.  In my head, I'm thinking, spring forward and fall back.  All I want to do is make sure that when I wake up the next morning it's the right time and I know what devices have to be changed. My wife on the other hand, she spends the next week or so adjusting to the new time and I never give it a second thought. The next morning, I woke up and my phone and computer were right, but my car did not change-until hours after 2 am. I made things worse by changing my car time before it changed itself.

When we travel to Colorado from Myrtle Beach, we do it in three days.  The first day we stop in Tennessee and gain one hour in time, but on the second day to Kansas City, there is no time change.  I've confused the third day twice this year.  Heading to Colorado on the third day, we lose (really gain) only one hour while I expected to lose (really gain) two hours.  Once the time changes, it doesn't concern me.  My wife keeps saying things like, "It's really this time." Adjusting to the time change is no big deal to me, but my wife's sleeping and eating schedules are messed up.

When we turn around to head home of course, we lose an hour on two days. At one point my wife thought we were losing two hours and I said, "Really, it's just one hour. You trust me, right?" She said, "No." Time travel can be challenging and frustrating. The important thing to know is, what time is it really?

No comments:

Post a Comment