Saturday, June 9, 2018

Going Back To The Past

In the 1980's Micheal J. Fox had three big movies called "Back To The Future."  In one of them he goes back to the past to the Wild West days to change what happens in the future.  I don't think I'm going to change much in the future, but I did take a step back into the past today.

When we moved into the house I decided to buy a push mower.  This isn't just a normal mower that you push, it's a mower that has no gas, no oil, and just sharp blades and you push it.  I wasn't sure how much I would need to mow the lawn here and I figured I would try something different. 

I always hated putting the gas in and checking the oil, so I just eliminated them. A push mower is a lot cheaper(around $100), it's lighter and much quieter.(and better for the environment)  I actually thought I could now mow the lawn at 6 am if I wanted to, but you do hear the blades moving so I probably won't do that.

It was pretty easy to put the mower together, not that I was able to do it.  I did make an attempt to put the handle pieces together and some other kind of screw, but eventually I gave up and let my talented wife do it in about ten minutes.

How well did it work? It got the job done, but it doesn't do well with tall weeds.  After going over a few of them a couple times I did find myself bending over and just ripping them out of the ground and there's nothing wrong with that.  We don't have much tall grass so you really can't tell that I just mowed it.  However, I did cut some of the lawn, because I was able to watch the blades slicing and dicing the grass.

From now on, I'm just going to say that I trimmed my lawn.  It's just like when my wife trims my hair, there's not a lot there, but it looks better when she's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment