Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Good Morning-It's Chicken Parm Day!

I'm an early morning person, unlike many people.  However, I am a little foggy getting up and my head probably clears like most people, although maybe a little quicker.  This morning as I walked towards my bedroom door one of my first thoughts was, "It's Chicken Parm Day."

I know it's probably not a "healthy" thought and it might be better to think like many other people that today, Wednesday, is "Hump Day," but there's no doubt in my stomach that today is "Chicken Parm Day."

I'm not Italian and my wife is not making her famous Italian sauce either, but I think I can smell it right now.  When you raise three kids you know that everyone has different likes and dislikes when it comes to food.(unless it's chicken fingers and anything that resembles pizza)  However, our kids all agree that Mom's chicken parm was one meal we could not get enough of and that has not changed.

Our oldest daughter is visiting and of course her first food request was...chicken parm.  And tonight is the night we shall enjoy it.  This is the daughter who once wrote a song about.... yes, chicken parm.  Eating my Raisin Bran(with milk) it doesn't taste like it usually does, because I'm thinking about dinner which will be twelve hours from now.

I won't be thinking about chicken parm all day I'm sure, but it may happen a few times today that my mind wanders off to thinking about dinner and that there will only be three of us eating that wonderful meal that my wife is going to cook.  Not that she's under any pressure to make it now, but I will make sure she gets this before I head off to work. 

Don't worry, I'll have a bite for you too, since you won't be able to taste it.

1 comment:

  1. Hahah you think about it all day?! No wonder you used to come home from work exclaiming "It's Chicken Parm Night!"

    ReplyDelete