Saturday, June 23, 2018

The Bedside Table

We've had new bedroom furniture for more than a month now and it looks great since my wife has wonderful taste and as usual has decorated the house beautifully.  However, I have finally concluded I don't know what to do with what is next to my side on the bed.  I call it a nightstand, but I'm told that is the old fashioned word for it.  It is a "bedside table" or "bed side table", since it's a table on the side of my bed.

I have a lamp on it, a picture of our wedding day(awww), and a clock radio that I use only as a clock.  I'm actually not sure if there is a radio, probably just an alarm that I have no idea how to use.  The biggest problem is the three drawers, what do you put in it?

My wife said that I won't be eating in the bedroom, but if I was, I think I would put a milky way bar(in case I got hungry in the middle of the night), maybe a couple of  hard candies(that my Dad loves), and some cut-up cheese. Okay, the cheese wouldn't work out to well, because it might smell and I might not get to it first.  I'm not so sure about the milky way bar either since the milk would be in the kitchen.

My wife suggested some medicine, but I have one small container of cholesterol pills and it's in the bathroom, so that's not a good fit.  I suggested a flashlight, but my wife asked if I'd use it and I said, "probably not." She suggested I put all my electronic chargers in one drawer, so I did it.  It doesn't seem very handy in the bedroom, but we'll give it a shot.

A couple times a year I may have a couple Tums if my stomach needs it, but there are two big drawers that are empty! I don't need to put clothes in the drawer because I have a closet which has more space than I can fill up.  I could put a book in a drawer, but I already have a book in each bathroom and a bookcase with more than 300 books.

So, help me out.  I have two drawers to fill unless the few Tums go in one drawer.  Any suggestions can be sent to me.  Maybe I can rent some space out?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually keep paper and pens/pencils in some of my drawers in case I need to write something down. Maybe you could keep a journal and use it to write down your dreams if that's something you're interested in!

    ReplyDelete