Friday, June 15, 2018

"The Journey Home"

It sounds like a great title for a "Star Trek" or "Lord of the Rings" sequel and it's possible it was. However, my journey home isn't quite as exciting, just different.  Some people might say,(and they have) it's a little crazy to drive ten hours by yourself through the night after working all day, but it's really not.  It might seem it would be easier to hop on a plane, but when you consider getting to the airport, being there early, the cost of the trip, getting out of the airport and back to the airport and leaving the airport again, it doesn't add up to such a great idea.(although I'll consider it in the future)

The key to this is that I really enjoy driving and for me it's a challenge and an adventure.  Planning out when to leave and what I'll need and how I'll get some hours of sleep through the night, to me is really fun.  I have about sixteen hours to make a ten hour drive, so I'll be able to take my time and snooze when I need to.  I'll just pull into a hotel parking lot, lock the doors and lean back and nap a bit here and there.

My iPod is all ready and charged and will be on at 4 pm.  Since I know it will last 18 hours I'll be good until I arrive safely in New Jersey.  I will probably listen a little at the end to WFAN, the sports station,I do miss and catch up on some New York sports.  The extra food and drink are ready to be packed and I'm all ready to go. The only problem is it's 5:30 am and I can only write about the trip since I'm still 10 1/2 hours away from my departure time.

My trip back home to Myrtle Beach will be a little easier with my older daughter joining me and possibly driving a couple hours.  Funny thing is I'll have less sleep Sunday night than I will tonight since I have to work early Monday morning.  The bigger challenge for me is working on Monday, but then again, it is the best day of the week-in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment