Friday, June 29, 2018

The Beach Countdown

We've lived here in South Carolina for six full months now.  As I've said before, I'm not a beach person.  However, if the sun isn't involved, I do like the beach.  I've been to the beach many times in six months.  I've seen the sun rise and set several times.  I've walked on the beach in a winter hat when it was forty degrees and I've walked on the beach(in sneakers) when the sun was shining and the temperature was in the 70's.  I've sat on a deck in front of the beach when the sun was blazing and it was uncomfortably warm.

However, I have not been to the beach the way most people think of "going to the beach."  I have not worn a bathing suit(just shorts) and I have not taken my shirt off either or my socks.(do I really have to?) I have not done what most people love to do-sit on a chair or lay on a blanket in the hot sun.(I'm twitching just typing that)

The time is coming quickly.  It may happen in 14-15 hours on Saturday morning or it could be Sunday morning.  Only weather conditions can save me now.  There is some chance of thunderstorms, but that would be unfortunate with family visiting.

I do have a couple outs.(ways I can get out respectfully)  The chances are about 97% that I will be slathering lotion on and trying to sit in the shade of our umbrella this weekend.  If you're up North and suffering through this weekend's heat wave wishing you were at the beach, I will be suffering on a beautiful beach and working hard not to get burned.

I'm going to try on my bathing suit-maybe it won't fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment