Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A Wonderful Wednesday or A Woeful Wednesday

Many years ago I learned in Psychology class that there is a test to see if you're an optimist or a pessimist.  When you're shown a picture of a glass that is half way filled with water, do you see the glass as half full or half empty?  Over the years I've believed that the glass is 100% full, half full of water and half full of air.

I was going to call this post "A Wonderful Wednesday" and then I realized that you could make a case for it being "A Woeful Wednesday."  My youngest daughter and I have been referring to the days of the week as Magnificent Monday, Terrific Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Tremendous Thursday, and Fantastic Friday.(Yes, I started it)

Let me tell you about my day today and you decide-wonderful or woeful?

                                                              THE IPOD:

WONDERFUL: Each week I put my iPod on for two whole days and listen to my favorite music and today was the day.

WOEFUL: When I got in my car I realized I had left the chord/atttachment/wire(whatever you call it) in the house and I wasn't going to go back in to get it.  I would have to wait until tomorrow.

WONDERFUL: I pulled into a gas station ten minutes later and as I got out of the car I saw on the ground a chord/attachment/wire that looked like it was for an iPod.  I walked past it thinking that the odds of finding one on the day I left mine in the house would be astronomical.  But on my way back I thought, what if this is fate or destiny and I'm supposed to pick it up?  I did and it worked and I sang and enjoyed my music all day long.

                                                          TUNA FISH:

WONDERFUL: I was looking forward to eating tuna fish today since my wife made it and put it in a container for me.  A few times a month I don't eat a sandwich on the road and today was the day.

WOEFUL: As I got closer to lunch I suddenly realized I forgot to bring a fork to eat my tuna.  It's really not as enjoyable eating with your hands.

WONDERFUL: I was able to find a spoon(not on the ground) and the tuna was great.

                                                  THE PATRIOT FAN:

WONDERFUL: A couple months ago I wrote about meeting a Ms. Davenport who was a big Patriot fan and was troubled my hat which had an NY on it.  I told her the next time I would come in with a New York Giants shirt and I put one in my van the next day. Today, I finally got a chance to go back to see her.

WOEFUL: She was really too busy with her patients to talk, but I told her who I was and that I had a Giants shirt in the car.  She said, "I'd never let you get in here with that on."

WONDERFUL: As I reached my car I started to laugh, grabbed the shirt, and ran back into the office waving the shirt at her.  It was funny to see her reaction and of course the patients, who had to think I was nuts.

                                              THE PICNIC DINNER AT THE BEACH

WONDERFUL: My wife and I planned to go over to the beach early this evening with some subs. We were going to have dinner on the beach tonight arriving around 6 pm when the sun wasn't as strong.(yeah)

WOEFUL: I finished work early and it looked like we would be going over much earlier on a very hot day.(ugh)

WOEFUL: My day was shorter because some boxes didn't come in which means I made $10-$15 less today.

WONDERFUL: My wife was delayed and we arrived at the beach at 5:30 when there was a pretty strong breeze.

WOEFUL: When we opened our sub to eat we had a bird and two crabs who were watching over us, I guess waiting for food.

VERY ODD: When I sat down on the beach, just to my right was a plastic fork and when we left for the night he water had moved the fork exactly to where I was sitting.  I didn't have any tuna to put on the fork, I got a roast beef sub!


Every Wednesday we have a choice, is it a wonderful Wednesday or a woeful Wednesday? And every other day we get to choose, is the day half full, half empty, or is it 100% full.


No comments:

Post a Comment