Wednesday, July 4, 2018

"Are You The Beer Guy?"

I think a lot of people have trouble believing the old phrase "never say never."  It's hard to believe that just about anything is possible, but it is.  The next time you doubt that, just think back to the fall of 2016.  Two major events happened within a few weeks of each other and both of them seemed nearly impossible.  The Chicago Cubs won The World Series for the first time in more than one hundred years and Donald Trump, who had never run for any office, was elected President of The United States.  It will probably be a long, long time before two events like this happened so close to each other.

If you had asked me six months ago, is it possible that someone would say these five words to me-"Are you the beer guy?", I would have laughed and said, "no, that would never happen."  Nothing against beer, but I've never been confused with being a "beer guy."  It's not that I don't drink beer, but I've probably had 20-25 beers since I graduated college in 1982.  I can probably recall many of those times I had a beer in the last 36 years.

However, last week, "the impossible" did happen.  I've been delivering boxes to stores, offices and a few homes.  Once a month I usually have a couple small boxes of beer that are delivered to a person's home.  I pulled into the driveway of one home and the guy was out on the porch and he asked me, "are you the beer guy?"  And I chuckled and said, "I am right now."

I am "The Sunshine Man'(my business name), I've been "The Candy Man"(owning candy machines) and a couple times a month I am "The Beer Man."  And, one day I'll be "The Southern Man," but right now, I'm still working on becoming a southerner.

No comments:

Post a Comment