Monday, July 9, 2018

Going to the Doctor

To say that I don't go to a lot of doctors would be an understatement.  However, when I told my Dad last night that I was going to a doctor he told me I hadn't been to one in fifteen years.  Of course that wasn't the case, but I got a chuckle out of it.  I stopped into my regular doctor just before Christmas when we were about to head south.

I need to have a doctor for some reason so I went into an office close by to make an appointment.  They scheduled one six weeks in advance, which was okay with me-I was not in a hurry.  When I went into the office today they told me that they tried to reach me two weeks ago to tell me that the doctor wasn't taking any new patients anymore.  I couldn't believe it.  Our pharmacy just closed and we had to get another pharmacy and now I have to switch a doctor I've never met?

One lady in the office wanted me to check in on the computer and the other woman told me I was in limbo right now.  She gave me a choice of two other doctors who could see me today and since one started with a B, I chose him.(the other was way down in the alphabet)

While waiting for the doctor I was grilled with the usual questions about my health, my parent's health, my brother and sister's health and even my grandparent's health.  I told her that I didn't have many neighbors right now so she didn't ask about their health. Then she said, "is there anything you're concerned about today?" I told her that I was worried about the Yankees pitching and she laughed.

The doctor came in and was very nice and very young too.  I told him also about my concern about the Yankees pitching and he laughed too, but said he couldn't care less about them since he's a Cubs fan.  The doctor decided I didn't need to continue my cholesterol medicine and they would do blood work in six months.

I told him that works for me and off I went.  I never did sign in and I didn't pay anything and I don't have to go back until next year.  Not a bad deal, my first visit to a southern doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment