Monday, July 23, 2018

Sand

Ugh, another blog post about the beach! When will it end?  That's a question I usually ask when I'm on the beach.  As you know my biggest adversary on the beach is "Mr. Sun."  However, I'm starting to think that maybe sand is just as challenging.

I've been sitting on a chair on the beach that is one inch off of the sand.  I've been told that people like to sit close to the sand because it enhances their beach experience, somehow.  These "sand chairs" I refer to are uncomfortable because you know how difficult it is to get up from them.  Maybe people enjoy them because they know they are stuck there?

Why is it people want to sit so close to the sand and even walk on the sand without any protection for their feet? The first thing everyone does when they leave the beach is that they try to get rid of every speck of sand. We shake off the blanket, the towel, the shirt that fell in the sand, and then we make way to the "hosing down area." 

Before you get into the car you wash off your feet, toes, sandals or flip-flops and then you cross your fingers that it's all gone. When you get home you keep shaking the sand off and it's in places that you can't get to right away.  How does sand get glued to your ankles?  I thought I was going to need a brush to get it off.  The chairs and umbrella get hosed down at home and then all you have left to empty is the sand in your car and trunk.

One last question: when you walk off the beach, what do you taste in your mouth? How does a speck or two of sand get in your mouth? My second last question- if we sat on bar stools on the beach, would we have less sand to get rid of later? And my third last question-if you think it's difficult carrying beach chairs on to the beach, imagine carrying a few bar stools?

No comments:

Post a Comment