Saturday, July 7, 2018

Sally The Salamander

When you move into a new house everything of course is new.  New painted walls, new appliances, new grass, etc...  Sometimes though, you get some unexpected new things.  In the first week or two I was in the garage and jumped when I saw something moving quickly against the wall.  I thought it was a lizard, but my wife corrected me that it was a salamander.  It appeared to go inside the wall, which was not comforting to say the least.

What do we do about the salamander? My wife named her(?) Sally, which didn't make me feel any better.  We left the garage door open for hours hoping that Sally would make a break for it, but she stayed with us.  When our oldest daughter visited we weren't going to say anything to her about Sally, but Sally came out immediately and my daughter was not happy to see her.

The other day my wife saw Sally when she had a hose in her hand and sprayed her some.  She then saw Sally on the driveway and we're hoping she didn't make it back inside the garage.  My wife sprayed insect spray around the border of the garage hoping it would keep Sally away.

The good news for Sally is that there are plenty of other garages that are open a lot.  Some people leave their doors open all the time, but I don't know why they do that.  There are other houses that are being built that have no garage doors, so don't worry about Sally.  She's going to find another garage that she can terrorize.

I wonder how long it will take before I can walk into the garage without looking for Sally.

1 comment: