Saturday, January 7, 2023

Five Years of Blogging-Remembering 2019

 Some of the things that happened to me in 2019 and I blogged about it right here.

Y'ALL

It finally happened.  I wanted "y'all" to know I have now completed phase one of "becoming a southerner."  It was bound to happen, just a matter of time.  I really did say it.  I was living in South Carolina for 436 days before I said "y'all" in a sentence.


Can You "Out-Nice" A Southerner

The continuing struggle in getting used to southern hospitality was my subject in this blog.

I told you that you can "out-nice" a Southerner, but it's hard work.


Not About Constipation

 I could tell you about walking into a supermarket to buy prunes and finding out that they work even better when you just bring them into a bathroom, but I'm not going to.


One of many times I poured orange juice into cereal, this time it was rice and not cocoa krispies.

Rice Krispies and Orange Juice, Not So Bad


"DON'T BLOG ABOUT THIS"

One of many times one of my kids suggested I not write what I was going to write. I was not supposed to write about how people in China go to the bathroom, so I won't one more time.

"The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street"

With the help of Rod Serling and one of my favorite shows, "The Twilight Zone," I wrote about the imaginary couple who lived in our neighborhood and terrorized it. It was just my imagination, running away, but they moved away.

Jay Leno Comes To North Myrtle Beach

My wife and I got to the 69-year-old live and he was terrific, it was a fun night.


The Horse Carriage Ride

Another fun day my wife and I had with our youngest daughter in Charleston, South Carolina.  You had to see our tour guy direct the horse on our carriage ride, barely moving his hand.


The New Highway

I actually drove a couple times on a highway in the South that was not open and didn't have lines yet. In the North, I would have been arrested or fined at least.


MALL WALKING THIRTY YEARS AGO TONIGHT

I paid tribute to the night my wife and I pushed her to have our first child by doing some serious walking in Woodbridge Center.


Everyone Loves Ramen?

At the age of 59 I learned what Ramen was and a lot people eat it, who knew? Everyone else I've been told.


John Lennon would probably not have liked the title which comes from his song, "Give Peace A Chance." Our daughter gave us a fruitcake and it was good.  This particular recipe is 65 years old and one Panettone takes 52 hours to make.  It had to be pretty good if it takes all that time to make, right?

"Give FruitCake A Chance"

No comments:

Post a Comment