Saturday, January 21, 2023

FIVE YEARS OF BLOGGING: Remembering 2021

It is fair to say that this was the year of Odin, our puppy, who we picked up from a breeder in mid-February, however there was a lot that happened this year.  Here are some of them.

          The Era of Odin Has Begun-Day 1

My wife posted several pictures on Facebook and an old neighbor said, "I see the hubby is in love with the puppy as well." If she can see that from the picture, what else can she see and when was her last visit to the eye doctor?

                             My Dad


We lost my dad at the beginning of March and I wrote about him being in the Army: The flag will always be in my car window because it represents our country, but it also stands for my Dad who was always a great example of what an American is.(hats of his two favorite teams )

                    The Fork In The Road

Driving in Charleston I took the fork in the road which destroyed my tire and I explained the line that Yogi Berra made famous.
I carried the three, 44 pound boxes of paper up to my customer's door. She wasn't there, but she did apologize by phone that I had to carry them up-I sent her this great picture of how tired I was doing it.

   THERE'S A RUN ON COCOA KRISPIES!

Finally finding three boxes of my favorite cereal I tried to get a picture of all of us together.

          Tom Carvel Gets a New Customer

My son-in-law Mike became a big fan of "The Flying Saucer" and we shared this together.

             My Last Day Working Full-Time

I finished up and stopped back at the warehouse and after closing the gate I took a picture and sent it to my family.  The picture below looked like I had just gotten out of prison, but then I got a text from my wife wanting to know what happened to my tooth.  I had no idea and could not see that my tooth seemed crooked. The smile on my face was real and I headed home to begin being semi-retired.

                    How To Make Tuna

My wife gave me specific instructions on how to make tuna.  I still have it and I've used it, but I haven't made it in awhile.  This could be the week.

THE SUPER BOWL RING

In remembering my five years of blogs I purposely left out all of my rideshare blogs, but this one was special and has to be included. The woman from the Kansas City Chiefs generously pulled out her ring at the end of the ride, saying, "If you promise not to mug me, I can show you something." This picture of my finger wearing a Super Bowl ring, hangs in my car and has been enjoyed by thousands of riders.

Odin's First Vacation
On the way home Odin made a new friend who looked just like him.
                   BOND, JAMES BOND
Sometimes a movie character seems larger than life, he was.
               Weekend in Washington (Part1)
My weekend vacation in D.C. with my brother was terrific.  My favorite picture came from the back of the Lincoln Memorial looking out to the Washington Monument and the Capitol.

                          Me and My Dog

I had many blogs about Odin and some were hilarious.  I like this one where we had a conversation about eating chicken when mom wasn't home.  Here's part of it and how he looked waiting for more:

Odin: I want more chicken.

Me: Odin, you've eaten a lot and eaten very quickly, rest for now.

Odin: I ate as quickly as you are, I don't see you resting.

Me: I just started and it's MY chicken.  Ok, here's a couple small pieces.

Odin: That was really good, Mom would give me more.











No comments:

Post a Comment