Sunday, January 15, 2023

Five Years of Blogging-Remembering 2020(Do We Have To?)

There are few years in history that will be remembered as clearly as 2020 due to the world wide pandemic which killed 350,000 here and shutdown a good part of the country for a couple months.  However, there were some interesting or funny things to blog about and after looking this over it doesn't seem that bad of a year. Here they are:

Can You Catch Rice?

Step 10: Open your mouth to eat the hot rice.
Step 11: Try to get the fork close to your mouth while still watching the chicken.
Step 12: As the rice starts falling, make sure your legs are closed.
Step 13: Catch the rice with your ankles before they hit the floor.

When do you ever get a 16 step explanation on how to catch rice before it hits the floor?


I learned this year that the day before Valentine's Day is the day that you take your girlfriend out if you're married and some "smart" guys bring them to the same restaurant that they bring their wife the next day!

It's Girlfriend's Day?



A case could be made that the greatest moment in sports history, (At least USA sports history), took place forty years ago in February when the US Hockey Team miraculously beat the professional Soviet team and then one the gold medal. If you've never seen the movie, "Miracle on Ice," it is worth seeing. The final call of the game against the Soviets is legendary, 

"Do You Believe In Miracles?"





"Some Good News:



Actor John Kasinski of "The Office" fame had an uplifting 15 minute newscast that was terrific.  It was about good news and I wrote a review online to him: "Congratulations and thank you John. The show is delightful, informative and extremely well written. If you weren't already an actor you'd be getting offers from all over the country. My business name is The Sunshine Man and I am actively promoting this to people I come in contact with. Keep spreading your sunshine John, it's needed and greatly appreciated."


Running The Charleston Bridge


One Saturday morning that I wasn't driving due to the pandemic, I drove about 2 hours down to Charleston and walked and jogged and took some pictures.  One of the highlights of the year and here I am below on the windy bridge in May.


Haagen-Dazs is 60 Years Old Too This Year!


My favorite ice cream and I were both turning 60 today.  The anniversary container still sits above my computer and yes it is cleaned out of every drop of that delicious coffee ice cream.



Eating My Way To 60


I decided to celebrate turning 60 by eating 60 of my favorite foods and it was hard work, but I only fell a few short of my goal.  It was a lot of fun.  One of the best moments was going to Friendly's by myself and ordering two sundaes, a Jim Dandy sundae with coffee ice cream and a strawberry shortcake Sundae. A woman across the room saw me eating it and was so excited I wish I had a picture of her.


It's Biden and Harris!


A rare political post where I bragged about picking the Democratic tandem two years earlier.  It's a pretty good pick I had, but for 2024 it's going to be absolutely incredible if this happens:
If Biden/Harris wins, I'm going to predict right now that the two presidential nominees in 2024 will be Senator Harris and former Governor Nikii Haley.

My Tissues Are Angry!


My dental hygienist told me this when I visited the office.  The best thing was the below picture. She said I looked good and that she said my wife would like it.  I think it's hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment