Wednesday, January 11, 2023

How To Make A Salad With Your Dog Hounding You

Forget about it, surrender. It's not going to work well and I'm an optimist. Are there dogs that are NOT hungry all the time? I don't have one. Odin is two years old and he's definitely a Hoenig. (My last name.) We love to eat, but how does a dog get a family trait like this? 

All I wanted to do was make a salad for lunch.  There are only four ingredients in my salad: lettuce, cheese, chicken and an egg. Unfortunately, the last three are things that Odin eats and he smelled all of them from the bedroom.  He might be able to smell them from outside through two doors.

I'm standing at the kitchen counter and Odin is pacing. I showed him the lettuce, said it wasn't for him, but it didn't matter.  I'm doing something in the kitchen and he knows any moment something good will come out.  This is the look he's giving me:


I had given a couple small pieces of cheese a short time ago and now I have to take the piece of chicken out.  Strategy time: if I tear off a few pieces of chicken and put it on his plate, can I sneak the cheese out? I put the chicken on the plate and he heard the bag of cheese coming out.  Now I have to give him a little more cheese! Fortunately, he gives up after eating the cheese and heads to the bedroom to his cozy quarters under our bed.

I still have two hard boiled eggs that I have to crack and slice up. How do you crack two eggs without "Supersonic Hearing Dog" knowing? One little crack-here he comes!  He positions himself on one side of me and then switches to the other side. He does it again, earning a few tiny pieces of egg, before retreating to the comforts of our bedroom.

Below is my bowl after a very enjoyable large salad. Take notice of Odin to the right of my bowl, he's passed out on the floor, exhausted from hounding me.




No comments:

Post a Comment