Saturday, May 12, 2018

Missing Technology


May 11, 2018

I guess technology is a pretty good thing.  If you don’t think so, try doing without it. Go Amish for a week!  How did they ever do it?  Moving into a new house we are now without internet for six days.  My GPS which is only five months old won’t charge, so I’m using a back-up one that I decided not to throw out, just in case.  And, my new/old phone(the hand-me-up), may have a battery problem since it wasn’t charging right.

The internet: I’m told it may be another 3-5 days before we are hooked up to civilization again. They have to dig a hole somewhere on our property.  I don’t know or care how far down they have to go, just go.  It’s so much easier typing on a computer than on a phone.  I couldn’t even write by blogs and they were piling up in my mind.  Fortunately, my youngest daughter, suggested I hook up my computer and just type them up and copy them later.  Why didn’t I think of that?

I use a GPS almost every day and the chord that you plug into the GPS jiggles and that’s probably why I can’t charge it.  I’m going to call Garmin and hope I don’t have to buy another one since this one is so new.

The phone seems to be okay now, but would I really know? Probably not, but I’ll have to keep a close eye on it.  I like to keep it charged just in case and since I have no internet now I’m using the phone more.

I’ve never been a big fan of technology, but this is the week I have to admit that I appreciate it more than I ever have.

1 comment:

  1. Your phone can work like a GPS and be even better than the outdated one you're using!

    ReplyDelete