Thursday, May 10, 2018

Ms. Davenport


May 3,

I like making people laugh when I work and I can usually get a smile, chuckle or occasionally a real laugh.  But, sometimes, I get zip, nada, nothing.  That’s where Ms. Davenport comes in. She was working at a Quest Diagnostics place and she opened the door as I wheeled in her delivery.  She was confused right away because she didn’t see my vehicle.  There were no legal spaces right in front so I parked close by on the other side of the handicapped spots.  She laughed and thought that was funny, I figured she would be easy for a few laughs.

I was wrong, she cracked me up.  I had never met her and she said she couldn’t remember who had delivered to her.  I told her that we’re not very memorable, but she didn’t even smile.  When I asked her where she wanted the boxes and I would put them anywhere she wanted but the roof, not even a grin.  When I asked her for her autograph and said, “you do give out free autographs here”, I got nothing but her signature.

By this time I was chuckling, because she didn’t stop talking.  I told her that the next time I deliver here I’ll have better material to make her laugh and she said, “wearing that hat?”(NY Yankee hat)  She wasn’t a baseball fan, but a big New England Patriot fan. She told me that they lost the Super Bowl because they ate too much greasy food.  She wasn’t kidding.  I then asked her why Hillary lost, because I couldn’t imagine her answer, but we were interrupted by a patient.  I told her we’d continue next time and I’d wear my NY Giant Super Bowl hat.  Still no smile, I’ve got a lot of work to do before I go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment