Saturday, May 19, 2018

The Bridge Moved-Really

I have the drive to work down perfectly.  It's only 25 minutes and a few turns.  I don't have to be in any specific time, but I like to get there about 7 am.  There's no real traffic, except one day last week.

There's a small bridge that I go over that has some water on both sides.  I've gone over it and looked both ways and it's a nice, scenic view.  However, on this day, something was different.  I thought the traffic was construction or an accident and as I looked at the bridge from a dozen or so cars back, I thought it moved.  I did open and close my eyes a couple times to make sure I saw what I saw, but it definitely moved.

If I was closer I might be able to describe how this structure moved to the side, but I wasn't close enough.(then again, with my lack of technical knowledge I might still say-the bridge moved)  It did delay things for about ten minutes as one sailboat on each side passed each other, which was an odd sight right in front of me. And then, the bridge moved back and the cars drove over the bridge.

While driving especially, it's important to be very aware and get familiar with your surroundings.  You never know when something like a bridge might move in front of you, or a deer if you're in NJ.  Down here it could be an alligator, but I never want to have to tell that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment