Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Loser Line




May 2,

Driving to work I usually flip back and forth among a number of stations.  I don’t know one from another, but one of them gave me the best laugh of the day.  They have a “Loser Line” that women can give out the number when someone “hits” on them and wants their number and they really don’t want to give them their number.
The guy then calls the number and gets a random answering message and one guy called and he said these things:

“I didn’t tell you this when we met, but I collect macheti’s.  I didn’t want you to think I was weird, but they’re pretty cool and they remind me of my mother.  Recently, I found a whole storage unit full of them.  Give me a call back and I’ll tell you what we can do on our first date.”

You probably think this was not a real call, but he sounded very serious about it.  His voice didn’t sound scary, but his words? It just goes to show you that as friendly and nice as people are down here, there are certainly as many odd people here as there are anywhere. Well, maybe not anywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment