Wednesday, May 11, 2022

How Many Tissues Do You Use?

My wife and I were shopping in Costco last week and she had to buy tissues.  She picked up this large box with ten smaller boxes of tissues and put it in the cart. I started pushing the cart and looked at the tissues and it said there were 230 tissues in each box.  Below is the picture of the box which looks distorted on top-they are all the same size. (The picture was taken in our garage, which has a box of tissues in it on the right side of the boxes!)



I'm looking at the box in our shopping cart and I'm thinking, we just bought 2,300 tissues.  How long does it take two people and a puppy to go through 2,300 tissues? I have seen our puppy somehow grab a used tissue from a garbage can, but I'm pretty sure he's not pulling them out of the bag. That would be an impressive trick to teach him, wouldn't it?  How many tissues does my wife use? I think it's safe to say that she uses more than me.

For the past week, I counted the tissues I used and I used 7 tissues, one a day on average.  This means that if it was just me, I would finish these tissues if I started today, by August 30th 2028. Let's say my wife uses twice the tissues I use on an average day, (14) when would we run out of tissues? May 16, 2024, which is only two years away. (not counting days we are not home, but I think we take tissues with us?) Could the two of us be using more than 21 tissues a week? If so, we may have to buy more tissues in 2023.

I thought about taking inventory and checking out how many tissues we have in the house today, but I decided against it. I am not sure I can find all the tissue boxes we have. It may be awhile before the grand opening of the Costco tissue boxes, but I'll let you know.  For anyone out there who is concerned that we still don't have a single television in our house, don't worry, we have plenty of tissues.

The next time you grab a tissue, ask yourself, how many do I use a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment