Tuesday, May 10, 2022

The Shoe Math Problem

You've heard math problems similar to this: if a train is taking off at 1 pm and it has 50 people and it makes two stops and lets off 5 people each time, how many people will be having dinner on the train that night and how many will be ordering chicken? Well, it's something like that. 

I have a different math problem with shoes.  If you leave Myrtle Beach with two pairs of shoes and you head to New Jersey, how do you return a few days later with three pairs of shoes and only one of them is one of the two you left Myrtle Beach with?

I had some dress shoes and a sneaker-type pair of shoes for our trip. We stayed a couple nights at our daughter's place and on Saturday night, I packed the sneaker-type shoe and wore my dress shoes.  Later on Sunday, I discovered that I grabbed my daughter's old sneakers and left my sneakers in New Jersey.

I didn't want to drive eight more hours in dress shoes, because they weren't that comfortable.  My wife had a slip-on pair shoes that she said I should try on.  Being as smart as I am, I sat down to slip on the shoes and they didn't go on. However, my wife said I should stand up and slip them on and it worked.

Arriving back in Myrtle Beach, I was wearing my wife's shoes, carrying my daughter's shoes, and my old dress shoes were packed in my suitcase.  So, that's how I wound up with three pairs of shoes and only one was mine. And, I have no idea how many people ate chicken on that train, but that Sunday night I did eat chicken wearing dress shoes, or was I wearing my wife's shoes?  Below is the high fashion shoes with dress socks that I drove home in and my wife's shoes.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment