Monday, May 23, 2022

Two Buffets Are Better Than One

 My brother and I knew that one of the few things we were going to do in Vegas was eat at a buffet. I love buffets, but not just because you can eat a lot, I like getting to eat a bunch of different foods at the same time. My brother scheduled a "lunch" buffet for Thursday, however, before I arrived he had a breakfast buffet. When we were talking about breakfast on Wednesday, the choice was McDonald's or the buffet he had already been to.  McDonald's had no chance, so we were off to the buffet on Wednesday morning.

My strategy was simple: eat. This was going to be my meal for the day and we were in no hurry to leave the buffet.  There were a few lunch things, but it was mostly breakfast.  My first plate looked exactly like this, notice the large chunks of lox on each bagel.  A bagel, cream cheese and lox, is definitely one of my favorite foods.  The bagels were good not great, but together they were delicious. I did take two extra slices of bacon for one of my friends who LOVES bacon.


I did have another plate and a half, but I don't remember the lunch food I ate. They had a lot of desserts in the desert(Vegas) and here's a picture of a small part of them. (when do you ever get to use desserts and desert in the same sentence?)


I didn't eat anything the rest of the day after we finished around 10 am.  I had to get ready for the lunch buffet the next day. No worry, I was ready at 11:15 Wednesday.  This buffet had some breakfast, but mostly lunch. My first plate was breakfast, more lox with bagels and cream cheese. I did add some shrimp from the plate below which I loved. As I took the picture, I'm sure the guy next to me was wondering what I was doing. I've never been much for toasted bagels, but I had two of them and they were pretty good. 


My second plate was only missing a piece of ham. On the plate was chicken, turkey, pork loin, and brisket.  They were all exceptional. I could have had a plate full of any one of them.


I don't know why, but my third plate was breakfast and I could not finish it. I never touched any of the desserts or even looked at what they had.  My stomach was yelling out, "no mas, no mas." (no more, no more) This was my only meal of the day. I did get something unusual. If you've never seen anyone order chocolate milk and a Pepsi, here they are below: 


We both enjoyed the buffets. Vegas is a very unique place, it will probably be the only time in my life I do all-you-can-eat buffets on back to back days. It was unforgettable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment