Tuesday, May 3, 2022

What I Learned on My Phillipsburg, New Jersey Vacation

We lived in Phillipsburg for 19 years and I'm pretty sure no one goes there for a vacation.  My wife and I drove up there for a couple days for a small memorial for my Dad who we lost a year ago. Just being away from home seems to give me a number of  blog opportunities and the first one is some unusual things I learned in the past few days:

1. "Sir twitch a lot"- I thought my wife said he was a rapper(shows how much I learned a few days ago), but he's actually a hip hop dancer.  His real name is Stephen and supposedly he makes $1 million a year, so he can go by any name he wants.  My wife said that hip hop people or rappers comes up with unique names, I just though it sounded funny. He is featured on Ellen DeGeneres's show which is pretty impressive.

2. "YOLO" I tried to spell it "Yollo", but I had never heard that these initials mean, "You only live once." This apparently is used as an excuse for doing something instead of something you should have done, or doing something silly or somewhat dangerous. I have to remember this when my wife wants me to do something.  However, YOLO also is a song and an animated TV series for adults. Basically, you can say "Yolo" for anything at anytime.

3. "Neufchatel" I have to check with my wife, because I have no idea what I learned.  If you get rid of the "f" it's a city in Switzerland or chocolates. I don't remember any conversation about them. I'm back with the correct spelling: "Neufchatel" is really the correct spelling. It's a type of cheese that has less milk fat than cream cheese by 10% which makes it much healthier.  According to my wife it tastes great.(and it's less filling) The important thing is that it does taste good on bagels.

4. IMDb: I think this is my favorite one.  I couldn't even remember the initials, but it apparently makes things so much easier. As everyone else knows this stands for Internet Movie Data Base and it's been around since 1990. It's an online data base for everything you want to know about movies, television and videos.  Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, bought this for $55 million, so this has to be something pretty significant.

I checked it out and looked up two of my favorite movies, "Heaven Can Wait" and "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World." They had a short preview that I watched and I almost forgot I was writing a blog. Then, I googled each movie and found pretty much the same thing.  Isn't it easier just to look something up instead of trying to remember: IMDb? (I know you're saying no, but....)


NEXT BLOG: TWO VERY DELICIOUS SLOPPY JOE SANDWICHES-JEWISH STYLE




No comments:

Post a Comment