Thursday, May 12, 2022

IT'S BIG CHICKEN DAY!

If I haven't mentioned it before, chicken is my favorite food. With the weekend approaching and I'll be working, what better way to get ready for it than eating a big chicken tonight for dinner? My wife is not only going to cook it, but she's going to help me eat it, or a little bit of it.

There is no sun here today in Myrtle Beach and we're about to get some rain which probably came directly from New Jersey. However, in addition to getting ready for my weekend driving, I have to get ready for dinner tonight.  I thought you might enjoy some of the steps I am taking.

1. When my eyes opened up this morning, sleeping in until 5 am., one of the first things I thought of was....a big chicken for dinner.  When that happened, I'm pretty sure my stomach growled and I hope I didn't wake you.

2. During the day, I talk about the chicken.  If I was on the road I would have talked to riders about it, but only my wife is around and our puppy.  I did tell my wife, "IT'S BIG CHICKEN DAY!" 

3. I usually have a bigger breakfast and a lighter lunch, because I want to enjoy this chicken.  I had soup for lunch and then I kept looking at the clock. I also don't drink too much water so I have room for the chicken.

4. Just after 4 pm., this is what went into the oven to cook:


I know this doesn't look that good, but it does look big. I usually get only one drumstick, I'm going for the one on the left-mmmm, it's going to taste good.

5. Now, I work up my appetite.  I'm moving what I'm doing to the kitchen table so I can smell it right from the beginning.

6. Our puppy, Odin, is getting into the act.  He can smell the chicken cooking too.  Together, we circle the kitchen, licking our lips.

7.  Around 6:45 the chicken is ready.  Odin has been positioning himself on both sides of  my wife's chair.  He's already eaten, but he knows what's for dessert. Here's what it looks like:


I asked my wife which drumstick she wanted and I got the bigger one.  Meanwhile, Odin is barking up a storm.  It's too hot for him to get some, but he doesn't understand that.  It doesn't matter to him, it smells so good he can hardly stand it.  Matter of fact, he is standing up, leaning his chin on the table.  I am finishing my first bone, I'm way ahead of him.  My wife told me later, "He wanted it more than you did-he was begging."

As I finish eating, I put some leftovers in a container for a salad this weekend and a couple slices for my dinner as I drive home from Charleston tomorrow night. It will be messy, but I have napkins ready.(Not tissues)  Below is a picture only for my daughter in Colorado.  She really misses watching me eat chicken and I know her eyes will be rolling when she sees this below.

One question: if I don't brush my teeth tonight, will I wake up tasting delicious chicken? (Not that I would do that)






No comments:

Post a Comment