Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Building A New House

How many times do you get to build a house? This is our second time as we officially put a deposit down on a three bedroom house in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  We're scheduled to move in just in time to break Matzoh for Easter at the end of March.

Do we need three bedrooms or four was a big question and you would think that would be easy.  However, Monika's mom is with us and she may or may not be in an assisted living place at some point.  Recently, Monika was counting out the bedrooms, one for her Mom, one for a guest room, one for an office and one for a craft room.  We temporarily forgot the master bedroom, but we have settled on three bedrooms.... for now.

The screened in porch was a challenge also and we finally decided to get it and have them do it when they build the house. The lighting in the bathroom is just not enough and since we are building an "express" house, they can't put a small window in and they can't put a fan fixture in either.  However, they can build the house in under 70 days, so we'll take that and buy a lot of candles.

 By far the biggest problem was the toilet in the master bedroom.  The toilet is surrounded and enclosed by a wall, apparently to keep people out when you're in there.  It's a tiny room with a dim light and I'm sure if I sat in there I would feel like I'm being punished.  How am I going to read with a dim light in a small room?(I am proud to say I have literally read hundreds of books on the toilet and used plenty of toilet paper too)

So I said to Dave, the Sales/Building Operations person(I have no idea what his title is), I really don't want you to BUILD THIS WALL around my toilet. I brought it up many times in many different ways and they insist on building the wall instead of skipping it.  Apparently down south here, most people prefer a wall...around their toilet and it's good for re-sale.  Dave said that his wife has always wanted to knock down a wall and I told him to get her ready for Passover/Easter weekend.

I think it would have been easier for Moses if he had to go around a wall instead of parting the Red Sea.  How am I going to get used to a wall around my toilet?

No comments:

Post a Comment