Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Singing Manager

Over the years I have read a lot of ads for jobs, but no ad has ever made me laugh more than the one for "The Singing Manager."  I saw the ad about ten days ago and read it several times and I was laughing most of the time.  A retail store called "The Fudgery" had placed the ad and they have three of their locations in Myrtle Beach and another 10-15 in other areas of the country.

The ad was very short on details about the position.  The focus of the ad was that they were looking for someone who would have fun, who loved to sing, and would be able to entertain to some degree.
The ad said, "We don’t sell fudge, we sell FUN that comes disguised as fudge. To make our magic work, we need a FULL TIME STORE MANAGER with a skill set as unique as our concept."

Well, I love to sing and my family will tell you that I don't sing well, but I do love to sing and I have a very unique set of skills.  I've also written a couple hundred songs over the years and I'm looking to have a "fun" job, so I applied.  I couldn't send a normal resume, because they were looking for personality and uniqueness and I gave them that.  After sending a survey to me where I had to rate among other things my singing(I put 5 out of 10), they then sent me a request for a real resume, which I sent them.  I also told them that I had written a song just for their store and I would share it with them or sing it to them at the interview.

However, a week later, I have not heard back from them, so it looks like I will not be their singing manager.  I e-mailed the HR person today and I attached the below song for their amusement.  I had this picture of being interviewed and then walking out to the store, grabbing a microphone, and singing this song to the unsuspecting customers.  It would have been fun!


                                         “Fudge Fun”
                                        “Beach Baby”(sung to)


Fudge fun, fudge fun, fudge fun, fudge.

Do you want to eat something great?
We don’t want you to hesitate.
Come up front and have a bite,
You’ll want to eat fudge all through the night.

Fun fudge, fun fudge, fun fudge, fun.

If your life has some drudgery
You need to come down to The Fudgery.
We’ll make you smile and laugh some too,
And if we don’t, it’s on you.

Fudge fun, fudge fun, fudge fun, fudge.

But if you really don’t like my song
It may be that I sang it wrong.
But there’s nothing for you to fear,
They didn’t hire me yet, to work here.

Fun fudge, fun fudge, fun fudge, fun.
Fudge fun, fudge fun, fudge fun, fudge.


No comments:

Post a Comment